Finalists in the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence have been announced today.
APPMA Chairman Mark Dingley said, “We had an overwhelming response, receiving 50 submissions across the five award categories. This was the highest number of entries we’ve had and shows the value the industry places on this award program.”
Awards and finalists are:
- Best New Product Award: Recognising innovation and success in a product or piece of equipment launched in Australia within the 24 months before March 2019. Finalists are:
- Sidel – Sidel EvoDECO Labelling Solutions
- Foodmach – ALL IN ONE Filler
- Heat and Control – Masa Maker
- Sponsor of the Best New Product Award: All Purpose Pumps
- Customer Collaboration Award: Recognising innovation and success as a result of customer collaboration and engagement in customising packaging and processing machinery to suit a client’s specific requirements. (For projects fully completed within the 24 months before March 2019.) Finalists are:
- ABBE Corrugated – ABBE Corrugated facilitates CMC CartonWrap for Catch’s DC
- Foodmach – Dulux Merrifield
- Proseal Australia – Commonwealth Collaboration Reducing the Plastic in Packaging
- Sponsor of the Customer Collaboration Award: Pecom India Limited
- Design Innovation Award: Recognising design innovation and success as a result of a new idea or modification introduced to a packaging or processing line or module. (For projects fully completed within the 24 months before March 2019). Finalists are:
- Heat and Control – The Dual Energy X-Ray – IX-G2
- HMPS – New HMPS Compact Frame Design
- JMP Engineering – JMP Rotary Sorter 2800 CPH
- Sponsor of the Design Innovation Award: Ekato
- Export Success Award: Recognising the innovation and success of a product or solution in a new or existing export market in the 24 months before March 2019. Finalists are:
- Fibre King – RSC Top Load Case Packer – The Griffin’s Food Company
- HMPS – HMPS Robotic Pouch Unloader & Drying System for Pet Food
- JMP Engineering – PepsiCo Systems
- Sponsor of the Export Success Award: Advanced Label & Paper Products.
- Imported Equipment Award: Recognising excellence in imported equipment launched in Australia, including service and promotion by the Australian agent, of equipment principally designed by an overseas supplier, who is represented by an Australian company or registered Australian office for an international principal. Finalists are:
- Bio-Steam – KHD Jet 4 Dry Steam Conveyor Belt Cleaner
- Foodmach – ALL IN ONE Filler
- Insignia – Domino M230i-P150 Automated Pallet Labelling System
- Sponsor of the Imported Equipment Award: Anderson Wholesale Packaging
Mr Dingley said, “On behalf of the board, I commend every business that submitted an entry on their efforts. You will have found doing so offers you an excellent benchmarking opportunity to critically review your processes and practices, while the feedback you will receive from the judges will be highly worthwhile.
“We also express our gratitude to SMC as the major sponsor of the Gala Awards ceremony, without which we would not be able to put on an event of this calibre.
“We would also like to thank the individual awards sponsors named above. Their support is greatly appreciated.
“The APPMA encourages everyone to spend some time looking at all the finalists’ entries on the AUSPACK showfloor. These are some fantastic, industry-leading solutions.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on March 27th alongside AUSPACK, and as part of the broader Packaging and Processing Week initiatives. With three quarters of seats sold, finalists and others are urged to ensure they secure a ticket.